Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wedding Rings

Mr Rabbit and I have have a no ring agreement. In fact, before we hooked up, when we were just sniffing at each other, I launched into a Valentine’s Day induced tirade about how stupid diamonds are. I may have ranted about this before, I don’t know. Anyway, I said I never wanted diamonds. For one, the diamond industry is notoriously anti-social and when I got married before, my husband hooked me up with this giant diamond ring that always felt awkward and heavy on my hand and always caught on things and I was sure at some point it was going to catch on something I didn’t notice and rip my hand off. In the end… about three days after I got the clunky thing, it disappeared somewhere. And oh the guilt.

Anyhow, moral of the story, I don’t want a diamond.

But it turns out last year when we went to visit the future inlaws, Mr Rabbit got a whisper in his ear about a family diamond or something. So, it looks like I will be getting a diamond after all. I want the diamond recessed into the band though, so it doesn’t stick out, and oh I hope it’s not too big…

Anyway, so we have to go visit the inlaws to get the diamond. That will be our “pre-honeymoon” in July. I don’t want to sound selfish, like that’s the only reason we’re going because we had planned to go anyway, but the original plan was to go after the wedding.

So, this part of the goal is to get to the inlaws. That means saving money, arranging daycare, packing, etc. What a pain in the butt getting married is.

No comments:

Post a Comment