Friday, October 25, 2013

V is for Vulva #paganblogproject

So here is one of my biggest pet peeves...

People referring to the vulva as a vagina. I am NOT annoyed by people calling it various slang terms for it as much as vagina because those other folks KNOW they aren't calling it what it is. But folks who call it a vagina think they're doing it right and get annoyed when you tell them otherwise. People who think they're doing it right always get annoyed when you tell them otherwise. People who know they aren't, don't, though they might roll their eyes at you and mock you.

The vagina is a hole. It is where the penis goes in and the baby (and menses in absence of said baby) comes out. The whole thing, labia, clitoris and all, is a vulva. And this is important because when we are talking about pleasure, you're missing a whole lot when you are just talking about the vagina. Also, girls especially need to understand that there is more to their womanhood than just a hole for things to go in and come out of.

And, you know, I think that's all I have to say about that. After all, I haven't set this blog to adult content...

So if you want to know more...

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/info-for-teens/our-bodies/your-vulva-vagina-breasts-33818.htm
http://www.news-medical.net/health/What-is-the-Vulva.aspx
(note: As of my creating this post these pages are safe for work.)

What does this have to do with Kitchen Witchery, Sacred Homemaking, Paganism? I don't freaking know. But I know it relates somehow.


No comments:

Post a Comment